Dr. Grace is amazing! She is gentle, answers all questions honestly, explains everything she is going to do, and her staff is outstanding! She helped my daughter not be afraid of the dentist. We love you Dr. Grace!
Nothing is as agonizing to parents as seeing their children throb with pain. Unfortunately, dental emergencies can occur when you least expect. This is when you need a pediatric dentist to help your child. At Dental Haven, we deal with all pediatric dental emergencies, which include but are not limited to:
Children of all ages are susceptible to toothaches. The most important thing to remember is that toothaches rarely occur without a cause. The most common causes we know include tooth decay, tooth fracture, and tooth trauma. If the pain persists, contact us so that we can:
- Establish the cause of the pain
- Cleanse the aching tooth
- Check for impacted particles and remove them using specialized equipment
- Reduce swelling using our cold compression therapy
Sometimes the tooth (or teeth) of your little one may be pushed into the jawbone following a dental trauma. Depending on the force of the trauma, the tooth’s ligament can become damaged, thus fracturing the socket. If you suspect a dental instruction, contact us immediately and we shall help in the following ways:
- Administer pediatrician-approved pain relief
- Perform a root canal therapy to help preserve the tooth’s structure
- Advise whether the tooth can descend naturally
Kids love to play, and sometimes accidents happen that can lead to their teeth being knocked out of their mouth completely. If this happens to your child, treat this as a very serious dental emergency. We might be able to save the tooth through our re-implantation procedure if you do the following:
- Report to us within one hour after the avulsion
- Avoid touching the roots during first aid
- Ensure to keep the tooth wet during transportation
We can help!
If your little one is suffering a dental emergency, don’t hesitate! Call us at 916-772-6777 or Contact Us immediately so that we can give them the care they deserve.